Hazelgrove self catering accommodation overlooking Loch Ness in the Highlands of Scotland
Book Online
Homepage
Prices and Availability
Gallery
Subscribe to Newsletter
Site Map

Loch Ness Musings

 

Sunday 27 March 2011

It must be spring!

Yes, surely it must be spring now - the daffodils might not yet be out with us but the clocks have changed and... this morning I went for my first run in my shorts since about last November! Now I know all you keen runners out there will be thinking what a wimp but high up in the Monaliath Mountains there are still large patches of snow so it is not too warm yet. From where I parked the car, I followed a good trail for 3 miles rising over 1000ft before hitting the 'hard stuff' ( wet, boggy heather and rough grass!) which I followed for a further mile. From the high point of my run I could see over miles of snow capped mountains towards the north west coast - absolutely wonderful - well worth the pain in getting there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Return to Evergreen Musings homepage

 




 
 
 
Homepage | Book Online | Gallery | Subscribe to Newsletter | Site Map | Prices and Availability